I love books, love exploring the different worlds and stories in the pages of books, books are journeys and I love traveling. But with everything thing in life, there are always little problems you can encounter, especially if you’re like me, an introverted bookworm who has immersed herself greatly in the online book community. Without further ado, I present to you, the few problems I have with being a very active bookworm (especially online)
- Books are my way of socialising, I get to meet, learn about and discover the secrets of new people, I become their best friend, because they can’t help but share their lives with me. So that’s why I deem most social gatherings unnecessary, unless it has to do with books then it’s very necessary, but who needs to when there are books, right?
- I know that if I read some books I loved in the past years, I’m going to totally hate them, so I am staying far away from them. The problem is, as I grow older, I acquire more knowledge and it sheds lights on many things, good and bad. I was easily impressed then, when I read books, but now it’s very hard to leave a standing impact on me.
- I could be extremely excited about a book, I’ll even get it, I’ll start it and somehow end up not reading it, until months later (if it’s lucky) and it’s not because it isn’t interesting, something or things (other books) get in the way. Is it just me?
- Which brings about, the fact that when I make a list of books to read, I end up reading books that aren’t even on the list more than the ones on the list. Anytime I plan to read a book, let’s say I’m about to finish a book and there’s another book I’ve been meaning to read, and I decide this is the book I’m reading next, it nearly doesn’t happen 97% of the time, because although I want to read the book, I find myself reading a book or more before I finally pick it up, which is the case on me reading Daughters Who Walk This Path by Yejide Kilanko.
- I prefer eBooks to physical books. It’s great to have a huge library of physical books, because they are so beautiful. But it’s hard maintaining them, I can imagine I’ll have a lot of books, I don’t need, cause I would never read them again, take up so much space, praying it doesn’t go missing when someone lends it, or ruins the book and I can’t carry everyone of them with me, if I’m travelling. I’ve noticed that I read faster with my phone and I always have my books with me.
- This takes the icing on the cake, I’ll be so excited to enter a bookish giveaway…that is until I see US only, UK only, US & CA only and the worst the international giveaway, then you find out that your country is excluded or through “The Book Depository” “Book Outlet” “Society6” etc. and they also don’t ship to your country…world wide shipping my ass.
- Shipping is very stressful for me. It is ridiculously expensive, If I want to buy books or anything in general and ship them to my country, I notice it’s always the same price as the item I want to buy or even higher, so I end up not buying it again, only if I close my eyes and just do it, especially because I really want it (I indulged myself and bought me two little live pet mice toys yesterday)
- This is more of a bad habit, I tend to read more books when I have important school test and exams to read for I don’t know why but it calms me down. I guess I’m just weird.
Well, these are all I could think of on the spot. I’ve been meaning to write this for a couple of months now at least it’s still the same year.
What about you? What little things have you discovered takes away from the pleasure of being a bookworm?